

TREVELYAN COLLEGE JCR MINUTES

Exec Meeting

29th January 2018 6:30pm

CONTENTS

Contents	1
Absent	1
Individual Reports	2
Publicity	2
Camp Bed Deposits	2
Asset Register	2
Livers Out Newsletter	2
Storage	2
Open Day on the 14th	3
National Student Survey	3
JCR Meeting Report	3
Elections	3
Trexit Money	3
Sports Rep	4
Any Other Business	4
Diss Talk	4

Italics are mine

ABSENT

President Lydia Edwards

INDIVIDUAL REPORTS

PUBLICITY

Xander gives a breakdown of the scores from the recent JCR vs College vs University quiz.

CAMP BED DEPOSITS

Mike: Asking people for their campus card or ID doesn't work with the new catering system and if people want to go out with their guest.

Xander: Why don't we just take £5?

Mike: I think most people bring them back. We could just not do it.

Darcy: It's just an incentive so that we don't have to chase them up.

Ben: We can just advertise the fact that it needs a monetary deposit.

Mary: Everyone has cash in College anyway.

Darcy: Let's make it an alternative rather than the standard.

General agreement on allowing £5 deposits for camp-beds instead of ID.

ASSET REGISTER

Mike: This needs doing.

Ben: Yes, progress is being made.

LIVERS OUT NEWSLETTER

Theo: This is going to be an email from now on, this saves around £100 on envelopes and stamps. I'll see if anyone on a year abroad would like to tell us about their experience.

Lydia K summarises a year abroad student's letter from a few years ago.

Ben: It could be a good idea to do it in the next week or two.

Theo: Yep, that fits with my deadlines.

Emma: Is the Trevs Night date on there?

Theo: I will do.

STORAGE

Mike: The sports cupboard is being cleared this week. Where will the cheerleading mats in the JKH go?

Emma: I don't know of anywhere else they would fit.

Mike: It does depend on where Cheerleading move to.

Nat: What is College going to use the extra space for? What about the old laundry rooms?

Alex Durk: They will be expanded pantries eventually.

Ben: We could just store them temporarily for a year. What about the E2 sport trunk?

Mike: That's something to bring up at the next Joint College Officers.

OPEN DAY ON THE 14TH

Mike: We should have enough reps for this.

NATIONAL STUDENT SURVEY

Mike: I think someone should send a note to say that we are neither boycotting nor promoting.

JCR MEETING REPORT

Mike: It seemed to go well. I'll let any potential international reps know that this is now part of the role.

Lydia K: Has DUCK been informed?

Mike: Yes Abi has already told them. Although it cannot be called DUCK dinner anymore.

ELECTIONS

Mike: They seem to be going well so far.

Darcy: Do the MCR get to vote for SU Rep?

Mike: Yes, I'll speak to Joe Troughton.

Darcy: Put in handover notes that the MCR should be invited to those husts as well.

Mike: I will. The next round opens next Sunday. There will be one more round after that. Music, gym, sports and the other 'experience' ones will be in the final round.

TREXIT MONEY

Mike: We've been trying to spend this money for a while and I feel that if we pass it on to the next exec it risks getting lost.

Mary: Yes it should be used on the people who got affected.

Mike: We need to work on getting the air hockey table or vending machine sorted before the end of term.

SPORTS REP

Darcy: Because here is no Sportsman's Dinner, Prof. was saying he was hesitantly wanting to come up with a solution to still celebrate sports. I think we should think about this but we need something that doesn't end in tears in the future, a sustainable Sportsman's Dinner.

Emma: Prof. is really invested in sport and he really wants to support, he's always asking about it so it would be a shame if it got completely disconnected.

Darcy: It would be good to try and really publicise the Ponies Loughborough match and get lots of college to go.

Mike: How is this related to the Sports Rep?

Darcy: I think they need to do more. They organise photos but what else? Do we need to expand the role a bit?

Emma: We used to have match reports but now I don't hear anything.

Darcy: I think the Sports Rep needs to be more active in combining all the college sports and publicising it all.

Mike: I am planning to draft a motion on this for third term. Most other colleges have a sports and societies officer. The rep needs to represent every sporting society.

Ben: We also need to let College Officers know how we do in matches.

Darcy: The Loughborough varsity is 11th February.

Mike: I'll send Mollie an email about publicising that and tell her to say well done to the sports that got in. We'll get it publicised across college too.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

DISS TALK

Emma: I'm organising one of these, probably on the 20th of February. I'll put it on Slack.