

Exec Meeting

30th October 2017 6:30pm

CONTENTS

Contents	1
Absent	1
Individual Reports	2
Camp Beds	2
Dia de Muetos - via a member of the JCR	3
Movember	3
AOB	4

Action Points are in red throughout the text and are listed at the end.

Italics are mine

ABSENT

SU Rep Darcy Van Eerten

Bar Sabb Alex Durk

INDIVIDUAL REPORTS

PRESIDENT

Lydia E: Everyone got the email about the catering changes, all clear right?

general agreement

WELFARE

Grace: In the middle of this week we'll be trialling putting sanitary towels and tampons in the welfare pigeonhole and bathrooms. Lydia's taken away tampon tax from the buttery 🎉

Nat: Are you going to stress that it's for emergencies?

Grace: Yes. The same as all welfare stuff

SOCIAL

James: We have decided the theme for Informal Ball - The Chronicles of Narnia!

BUTTERY

Lydia K: I confirmed with Janice that a vending machine was okay so I'm not sure what Martyn's reluctance was about

Lydia E: It's just in case there's a fire.

Ben: The impression I got was that we were already breaking fire safety with the pool table and vending machine.

Mike: Why don't we just combine the new one with the old.

Ben: We have a contract with the company that currently does it anyway.

CHAIR

Mike: There's a lot of election business going on. Theo has been elected, so has Calum Johnson. There's an election up now for Assistant Welfare. I went to a very useful meeting on Saturday with Mollie Brownlow and the rest of the chairs. Every other JCR is a lot more fun than Trevs. Three of them do drinking games during JCR meetings. Loads of them do a bar tab competition at each JCR meeting. Some of them have a JCR loyalty card system. Just going to try and adopt some of their stuff. We've started doing a free £10 to spend behind Trevs bar for the next meeting. Some JCRs make meetings compulsory for first years. Some ratify society expenses in meetings. The online presence of Grey's elections is so much better. They had 5 people run for President. Last year at Hatfield, to get everyone to vote, they closed all the facilities and it was the worst idea.

CAMP BEDS

Grace: Four people came at a drop-in last week and got upset because there weren't any. People haven't been putting it in the book so we didn't even know who had them. What's the issue, do we just need more or some way of reserving them in advance?

Lydia K: I think we should take their driving license...

Mike: Nat, I think you'll have to go round with the campus cards asking people what they have?

Nat: They're not expensive.

Lydia E: Make a FinComm application.

Lydia K: Can we store Trevor in a trunk or something?

Mike: Jim is very annoyed with people blocking the electrical cupboard in the archive... Why don't we just bin Trevor? 😞

DIA DE MUETOS - VIA A MEMBER OF THE JCR

Mike: Someone had a concern about cultural appropriation. There was nothing publicised about it until last weekend and someone had seen it in the exec minutes so I think it just wasn't very clear.

Mary: I was always going to do a speech about this at the beginning. Do you guys want to know what's happening?

general yes

Mary: We might put together a mariachi band.

Theo: Are there trombones in a mariachi band?

Mary: No. If anyone knows anyone who could do that that would be great. We have Spanish activities with Ligno, we're going to do quesadillas instead of toasties. We're making piñatas too! Most of my committee members are freshers and they're really keen but they don't really know what's going on yet. Could you guys possibly help me out?

Mike: Could we get SocComm involved?

James: I can ask them.

Nat: You're their glorious leader.

Lydia E: Aren't you part of SocComm anyway?

Mary: I'm not mandated to sit on SocComm but James is mandated to sit on mine.

Ben: This is on the 4th isn't it?

Mary: It is on the 4th, in the evening. That's it, in a way, I just want to make it out alive.

MOVEMBER

Nat: Abi Johnson, following the success of her charity raising bar night, want to do another one. It would be after the formal on the 30th of November. She would like the exec to get involved.

Mike: I'll do it.

Ben: So, we're having another charity formal a month after the last one?

Nat: Yes. It will mean that every single formal this term will have a themed something but it's not that big.

Lydia K: What's the date?

Nat: The 30th of November.

Ben: So are we doing November?

Nat: She just thinks it would be nice if we could publicise that we're doing it.

AOB

ALCOHOL AWARENESS

Grace: We're doing an alcohol awareness campaign Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday next week. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Mary: Get the exec not to drink for a week.

Mike: Definitely not a good idea.

Grace: Alex particularly wants to encourage people to drink soft drinks.

Ben: Do you remember Have a Word?

Grace: Ideally we want to do one of the roadshows in the dining hall. We're definitely going to do it for social secs.

JCR OFFICE CLEANLINESS

Lydia E: If you have shit in the office, please clean it up!

ACADEMIC CULTURE

Emma: There's loads of stuff for academic culture going on. Xander's going to add a page on the website.

ENTS PASS REFUNDS

Ben: If you had an ents pass last year, let me know and I'll get it refunded. Remember don't buy them this year because you'll be working events.

UNCONSCIOUS BIAS WORKSHOPS

Mike: The university is really pushing unconscious bias workshops so if you sit on a screening panel really try and go to one of these.

Grace: I went to the recruitments and election training last week. I really think that would be good for the Senior Freps to go to.

Ben: And the same for the open days.

ACTION POINTS

NOTHING TO SEE HERE 😊