

Exec Meeting

6th November 2017 6:30pm

CONTENTS

Contents	1
Absent	1
Individual Reports	2
Informal Ball	2
Tier 1 & 2 Meeting	3
The First Trevs Talk	3
SCA Meeting Feedback	3
JCR Comm Feedback	3
Tennis Courts	3
JCR Meeting Review	4
Prospectus	4
Assistant Welfare Election	4
Formal Review	4
Behaviour to Staff	4
Housing Campaign	5
Exec Morale	5
Trexit Money Update	6
SU Rep Election	6

Action Points are in red throughout the text and are listed at the end.

Italics are mine

ABSENT

Welfare Grace Harwood

INDIVIDUAL REPORTS

PRESIDENT

Lydia reviews the situation with formals and the email sent from College.

SOCIAL

James: We sent out an email about Edinburgh today and it's filling up nicely, 40-something out of 53 already.

Darcy: Can we bring guests from outside Trevs?

James: I don't see why not.

Ben: Manon could get another coach.

Lydia E: People do drop out

INTERNATIONAL

Mary: Thank you to everyone who helped over the weekend.

Lydia E: How do you think it went?

Mary: This is so not what I wanted to do with my role this year. I'm thinking of running smaller events throughout the rest of the year. It was a good event but it was designed to be for a bigger audience. I calculated based on Lunar New Year but I don't think it would ever be as big as that, it's just known now.

INFORMAL BALL

James: For the silent disco, should we have it in the bar or the dining hall? If it were in the dining hall it's fewer people on doors but it's also more to clean up.

Mike: The bar's open late isn't it? Midnight?

James: It might be 1am.

Mary: The dining hall is easier to clean.

Lydia K: Our fresher's one was in the dining hall.

Nat: So was the visit day one.

Mike: I guess it depends how many people.

James: Being in the dining hall would make it look less busy.

Xander: I don't think I've ever seen a silent disco so big it wouldn't fit in the bar.

TIER 1 & 2 MEETING

Lydia E: It's going to happen sometime soon. Would we rather a weekend or Sunday afternoon?

Weekend

THE FIRST TREVS TALK

Emma: It's coming up soon, Wednesday 22nd. It will be the first of many. We have Dr. Montgomery coming to talk. I said it would be great if it were something divisive to get people to come. It's going to be the length of a TED talk. I've also organised a dissertation evening at some point.

Mary: Who's on the academic whatever committee?

Emma: Loads of College Officers and Tim.

Mike: How are you getting people to come?

Emma: I'm hoping it being in the bar and shorter will make it more accessible.

SCA MEETING FEEDBACK

Theo: I now know about SCA, so I'll be publicising some of that. Livers out letter is finished and will go out soon.

JCR COMM FEEDBACK

Emma: Some of the other JCRs have much more comfortable chairs in the bar. It makes people want to stay there for longer. I spoke about having the laundry room open longer (currently 9pm) but I need to speak to the people on A-Ground to see whether they mind. We spoke about the catering changes and that all seems a lot more clear, people know what's going on.

TENNIS COURTS

Lydia E: College cannot afford to keep replacing the tennis net. People aren't putting it away in the green box like they should be. I'll send out an email to the society secretaries tonight. I'll ask Mollie Robinson to publicise as well.

JCR MEETING REVIEW

Mike: It went okay. Some fruitful discussion. In hindsight, I should have asked Martin to leave for the vote. A couple of people were just not too happy with that motion in general. People seem to think the idea of having different prizes is quite nice. One of the things that people said about formal spaces is that you could get into formal without any of your friends. Might do pizza for the next one. If not many people turn up then we get the pizza... 😊

PROSPECTUS

Lydia E: Monday the 20th November is the deadline. They want photos and some explanations of why Trevs is great and different to other colleges.

ASSISTANT WELFARE ELECTION

Mike: Elise Boothroyd was elected, there was one vote in it.

FORMAL REVIEW

Emma: I think we've covered every possible ground. Lydia, Ben and I sorted out all the fines. We were in the DSU for 5 hours. We discussed at the JCR meeting and I think everyone agrees with the ways we came up with to try and make sure it doesn't happen again and staff aren't treated horribly. Also trying to reinforce what Lydia said that it used to be a nice atmosphere and we want to get it back to that.

Mary: I really think most people's approach to alcohol needs adjusting as well.

Emma: I think people just take formals for granted. Especially the staff, people throwing food on the floor and expecting the staff to clean it up is just awful.

Mike: There is a danger though that if we react too harshly it has a detrimental effect.

Emma: I do think this was just a blip though and hopefully its only up from here.

BEHAVIOUR TO STAFF

Nat: The catering staff in general have received a lot of rudeness this term. One person wrote in the suggestions book 'better staff attitude please'. I just need some opinions on how we can improve this.

Xander: Could we introduce them each on Facebook?

Mike: then we have to introduce all the support staff and cleaners who arguably have a worse deal and that's over 40 people.

Emma: What if we did a general fb post about respect to them like Mary's post about food?

Xander: It's too easy to ignore.

Mary: If we normalise it among the freshers so they call each other out that might help.

Mike: You just hope people do that anyway though.

Mary: I just feel it's becoming very repetitive this negative response.

Mike: It's just time people grew up.

Nat: But we can't make a Facebook post saying that it wouldn't go down well.

HOUSING CAMPAIGN

Theo: Dr. Latham wants it the week of the 27th of November. He doesn't want freshers to be signing too early. We're trying to encourage them to settle in properly and wait.

Lydia E: Last year the campaign didn't include any returners living in. It would be good if that were an option.

Theo: Apparently tours weren't overly well attended last year, from talking to Grace. We might just do one or two to see a standard house.

Mike: Could you send an email to everyone who lives out and ask if they recommend their house and might show it off?

Theo: Yes, last year there was a questionnaire that Page did. Might do that again. Is there some sort of incentive we could think of? Win guaranteed formal tickets for your whole house.

EXEC MORALE

Lydia E: Hannah Fisher gave me a really cool activity where we all write down what we like about each other and our roles but I don't have any paper. Just make sure you support each other. We might do this next week.

TREXIT MONEY UPDATE

Lydia E: Uni is still deciding and will let me know what's happening with the rest of it.

Mike: Lydia K, you need to write the proposal for a vending machine, Ben Zealley if you could do the air hockey table and then we'll do it.

SU REP ELECTION

Mike: If the SU rep is for the MCR as well, should the MCR vote?

Darcy: Yes.

Mike: Okay I'll open it to everyone.

ACTION POINTS

NOTHING TO SEE HERE