



TREVELYAN COLLEGE JCR MINUTES

JCR Executive Committee Meeting 2022

10/01/2023 at 6:15pm in the E meeting room

CONTENTS

Contents	p.1	
Present		p.1
Individual reports	p.1	
Comms Reps Responsibilities Delegation		p
Charity Ball	p.	
Trevs Nights	p.	
Any Other Business	p.4	
Action Points		

PRESENT

Dorian Held	President
Mudit Tulsianey	Vice President
George Little	Treasurer
Grace Moore	Services Officer
Jim Lin	Social Chair
Roshni Vachhani	Publicity Officer
Thomas Hewitt	Chair
William Brown	SU Representative
George Scholey	Bar Sabb

Apologies:

Clementina Vong	International Rep
Emma Rohe	Welfare Officer

INDIVIDUAL REPORTS

DH: Happy New Year! Hatfield have invited us to a formal on 31st Jan, if you haven't got it then let me know. It is gowned, let me know if you want to come, menu + dietary requirements. Catching up from emails over the holidays and end of last term as I unfortunately was ill. Setting a tight budget for summer ball, to discuss with summer ball rep and jim on Friday. Mainly been talking to college about events, 3 formals and 2 potential jcr dinners, trevs nights this term. Emma is running a mini stress less campaign in the middle of term. Next week meeting with Kunle and Martin about scheduling musicians dinner. I've been in contact with Rory about sports dinner, to see if we can get going with it. Chasing up finance and HR with workers and actually getting paid. Durham County Council have implemented some extra regulations for the buttery. Buttery is opening on Thursday.

MT: Currently working with Alysia about LGBT Stash, meeting with Kunle about Alumni on Friday

GL: Getting ready for the term, just thinking of money things for the term and things going through Dorian.

GM: Lunar New Year formal sign up will be open tomorrow for a week. Replaced duck with chicken, so it is £5 cheaper than the original price.

JL: In preparation of events for this term, had a discussion with Isaac about Charity Ball, and will have a summer ball discussion.

RV: Sent out the first newsletter for the term.

TH: Final term, should encourage candidates to be your successors. Tonight we are opening VP, Head Frep, Publicity, Services, lots of Tier 2s. Start editing your hand over notes. If you have any constitutional motions then they need to be done in the first jcr meeting of the term.

WB: I am will announce will browns agenda point 2023 which is my attempt to make the DSU be more practical. This will consist of three motions.

GS: Bar. Drinks. Money.

Communities Rep Delegation

DH: As you know we don't have a communities rep. Usually the President takes on as acting and we share out the responsibilities. Lets read through the job description and maybe think about how we could share it out.

The main things are: managing the use of the upper jcr, have overall responsibilities of societies and allocating the Tier 2s.

JL: Music used to be under Social Chair, and in my committee.

ER: It makes sense for Year Out Reps to join me as they are in my committee.

GL: I'm happy to take over Charities and help keep an eye on the finances on that

MT: I'm happy to take Sports Rep

GM: Since we have more Art supplies and related things in the Upper JCR, I can take over Art.

RV: I'll take volunteering.

DH: If we can get in contact with Tier 2s and just keep in the loop etc. I will send an email with the relevant Tier 1, so we can start communication.

DH: Along side individual reports, I'd also like to propose we have Tier 2 updates as well. This will help communications and make sure we are all up to date. With that, I encourage regular contact with your Tier 2s.

DH: Is everyone happy with their Tier 2s and what they do etc.?

All nod in agreement

TH: Do you think that we should have an election for Communities Rep?

WB: There was talks that DSU rep takes over Housing Campaign? I'm in different, as my role as it exists is equally very much in the area.

GL: How much work is it?

MT: It is very broad job description.

DH: Yeah, and it is very much what you put it is what you get out.

ER: Since the role covers a lot of areas, it is very broad and so it feels like the role was created.

WB: Could we open this to a JCR discussion point, we could ask the JCR what they want to do it.

MT: Yeah, we have to think about how we word that carefully.

JL: We have just discussed how to distribute the role, so realistically for them to be able to walk in and pick it all up and run something within a week for the charity ball.

TH: I'll have a think about how to proceed based on this, and how we want to move onwards.

Charity Ball

JL: Charity Comm is having meetings every other week Wednesday and since George is taking over the responsibility of Charities then we should be there to check in etc.

Meanwhile, if there are any concerns we can just bring it up here and go through it

DH: What do we know about the plans

JL: No new updates from last term.

JL: Want to do a black tie formal event so need to drive them towards more winter ball esq

WB: I think one problem is not everyone has a black tie, is that not exclusionary?

JL: I think we need to focus more on capacity and prices etc.

GS: All the time I've been here, it was a black tie meal out of college and the DJ and photobooth and that's about it. No rides or ents? Might have band but not much. I think it is good to have it black tie, people were complaining about winter ball not being black tie

DH: In terms of dates, can we move it a week earlier because it is currently in a very busy week.

DH: Need to meet with the committee and make sure that it aligns with what we can afford it with all the additional ents stuff.

AOB

- Tuesday still good for meetings? *Agreement*
- Next week, I can't make it to head of section. Anyone want to go in my behalf next Monday at 2pm? GL will do it
- For the JCR office, a lot has accumulated. Please make sure you tidy up your stuff.
- Last term, Kayleann asked when we can take our group photo. When works for everyone?
- For the college officers meeting at the end of term, ive asked for second last week.
- We have tighter health and safety regulations
- Tea and coffee is back up and running
- JCR drop ins, if everyone does one every two weeks we should be good.
- Exec dinner 21/22nd jan

ACTION POINTS
