Trevelyan College, or “Trevs” for short, is the friendliest college. We play a wide variety of sports, have several societies and are known as the most musical college! Basically, you are“as involved as you want to be.” This makes for a community which students enjoy, and take pride in what they do!
Join the Pool, Football or Badminton Team; do crazy things for charity (DUCK); perform in a play or musical; represent college at the Durham Students Union (The SU) or participate enthusiastically within the Junior Common Room (JCR). How about all of the above?!
These acronyms, as with the architecture of Trevs (some of us still get lost!), do take a while to get used to but don’t worry. If you want to find out more, use the links from the “Prospective Students” page.
Here’s 10 fun facts about Trevs:
- We have a very friendly community! As a Fresher you will find it easy to settle in. Everyone is split into Freshers groups of 15 people, so it is easy to make friends quickly
- We have the best college bar in Durham which turns into a dance floor for bar nights. We also have a big screen to show sports games and films.
- As the third smallest college (230 undergrads a year) you will probably get to know everyone!
- There is so much to do, you might struggle to find time to do your degree…! (Have a look at our ‘Get involved’ pages to find out more)
- We put on some of the best student-run events: Trevs Unplugged several times a term (an music night), the Summer ball which lasts until 6am, Trevs Day which is a day of music, sports, bouncy castles, ents, food and college spirt, and Charity events like ‘Take me out‘ and Trevs got Talent.
- There’s a library (24hrs), a gym, a music recording studio, several pianos, pool table, 3 TV rooms, a shop, a bar, a 60-seat auditorium, back lawn, tennis court and sports hall. AND all bedrooms and the dining hall are under one roof, so pyjamas and dressing gowns are completely acceptable at all times of the day…
- We have nearly every sports team you can imagine and lots of music societies (We have a reputation for being the “musical colleges”!) And if we don’t have a team/society for you, you can set one up!
- Every single meal is cooked for you, including brunch on Saturday mornings.
- Mo Mowlam, Minnette Walters and Sophie Hosking came here – we have an unofficial gold post box by the porter’s lodge to mark her 2012 gold medal!.
- Our accommodation is very unique, in that landings are made of hexagons (grouping rooms in bunches of 6 people) to make it feel more homely!